Thursday, May 30, 2013

Movie Review: Hangover 3

Biases, comparing, judgments it is what we all of us as humans do. We can't stop, it's in our DNA. What we can do is not let judgment ruin things. Today I'm writing about Hangover 3, the last in the Hangover Trilogy. I've had a lot of mix opinions from friends about this film. Some like it, some hate it, but the consistent things I hear are these; from those who like it, “It was better than the 2nd movie.” From those who hate it, “It just wasn't as good as the 1st movie.”Which to me means no one is judging this film on it's own merit.

Example: When I was younger I watched The Godfather III. I hadn't watched any of the other films yet, but I thought it was a great movie. I then watched the first 2 films in the trilogy and was completely blown away, I still loved the third film even if it wasn't as good as the first two, but almost everyone told me that hated the third. Was it because people are more judgmental than me? Was it because I saw it first? Was it because I have no taste in films? (don't answer that last one) I think it's because I saw it first. I had no preconception or comparison of the first two films.


Hangover 3 had almost everything I could want to round out this series. Funny new characters, lovable old characters, and some strange unique situations to make a laughable good time. Plus, Galifianakis is always funny. But I am not going to tell you much about this film. I want you guys to go watch it and tell me what you think. Is it funny or bad? Are you make judgments on this movie compared to the first two? Please, leave a comment. Next film is Fast 6 I'll try to have that up by tomorrow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment